Light Work Workshop: Non-Toxic Developing

All Are Welcome Forums Public Square Resources Workshops/Courses Light Work Workshop: Non-Toxic Developing

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      KeithW
      Keymaster

Cali Banks sent SCC a message recently:

I am teaching a workshop for Light Work on Non-Toxic Black & White film developing in September, and I’m reaching out personally because I thought you and the club might be interested!

Here is some information:

Spend an evening (9/26, 6-8:30 PM) with Cali and learn how to develop your black and white film using coffee! For black and white non-toxic processing, there are many formulas that allow you to experiment with different looks and feels to your work. Caffenol (coffee-based) processing dates back to 1995, created by Dr. Scott Williams at the Rochester Institute of Technology. Participants will learn how to mix their own negative processing chemistry using a combination of items from the grocery store, and then develop their roll of film.

Please note: this is a DIY and very experimental process. There may be some inconsistencies during processing, so we suggest not using your most precious film. 

All materials are provided EXCEPT film – bring one roll of your own EXPOSED black & white film*. We will also have film dryers and light tables.

*Super 8mm, 16mm, 35mm, Medium Format, etc. ALL FORMATS WELCOME!

*Includes a DIY flatbed scanning certificate to come back and scan your processed film! (Still images only.)

Compensation for participants who cancel will not be available.

Here is the link to more lab courses and events

Here is the link to the course

Feel free to share with whoever may be interested, and let me know if you have any questions!

Sincerely,
        Cali

Loading spinner
    Viewing 0 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.